Cheqbook can print 1099 reports using the steps below.
First, make sure you have the correct blank forms! The IRS does not accept anything but their own RED, pre-printed forms. Although they're supposed to be available free, they're almost impossible to find and you have to buy them at a local office supply store or online.
Second, you need to make sure have payees that first the following requirements.
- The payee must have payments over $600.00 USD for the year you are issuing for.
- The payee must have a Employee Identification Number (EIN) entered
- The form 1099 field must be checked "Yes"
Third, once those preliminary items are done, use the following steps to generate a 1099
- Login to https://secure.cheqbook.com
- Select the company you want to work with
- Click "Payees"
- Click "New Payee" or "Edit" next to an existing payee
- Click "Yes" at Form 1099
- Select a different 1099 amount type if it is not "Nonemployee Compensation"
- Click "Save"
- Assign existing transactions to this payee or create new transactions for this payee
- Click "Reports"
- Click "1099"
- Select the date range of the year you want 1099s for.
- Click "Generate Report"
- Verify the information.
- If there is no problem, click "Download PDF"
- Open the PDF and print it to 1099 forms for the correct year.