Create a new invoice or estimate to send to your customers.
An invoice (sales invoice) is a document requesting payment for products and services. In this case, a sales invoice is applied
to Customers of the Cheqbook user. Bills are documents where the Cheqbook users is being asked to pay. Invoices are documents where a Customer of the Cheqbook user is being asked to pay. The invoice usually includes the products/services, quantities, prices, and payment terms.
New Invoice: Create a new Invoice or Estimate.
Manage Items: Create or Manage Items.
Manage Taxes: Create or Manage Taxes.
Messages: Edit the default text to be included with invoice or estimate when they are emailed.
Default Values: Edit the default due date, invoice subject, and invoice notes for new invoices.
Online Payment: Edit the online payment status and configuration for getting invoices paid online.
Enter Invoice Information: Enter invoice information in the following fields.
- Subject: Enter a brief subject.
- Number: Automatically indexed to the next number. This field is required
- Issue Date: Enter the date that you create the invoice. It is automatically set to today's date.
- Due date: Enter the due date. Click on the date field to access the calendar date picker.
- Customer: Select a customer from the drop down list. If the customer does not appear on the list, click "New" to add the customer to the list
- Status: Select Draft, Estimate, or Sent.
- Discount: Enter the percent discount for this invoice.
Enter Line Items for the invoice: Enter line item information in the following fields.
- Type: Select the type of line item from the drop down list. If the line item category does not exist, then click the green "+" sign to add a new line item to the list.
- Description: Enter a description of the line item.
- Quantity: Enter the quantity number for that line item.
- Unit Price: Enter the unit price for that line item.
- Taxable: Check the checkbox if the line item is taxable.
- Add Item: Click "+Add Item" to add a line item to the invoice.
- Tax: Select the tax rate for the taxable amount. if the tax rate does not exist, click on the green "+" sign to add the tax rate to the list.
- Notes: Enter a note to be printed on the invoice.
Save: Click "Save" to save the invoice.
Save and New: Click "Save and New" to save the invoice and start another.
Email: Click "Email" to email the invoice to your customer.
Print: Click "Print" to print the invoice for mailing.
Cancel: Click "Cancel" to cancel the current changes.